Time Out Market New York is your new destination in Brooklyn, more precisely in DUMBO. It is a food court as there are in other parts of the city. It looks like a market where you will find different restaurants. You can eat different things and eat at the same table with your family or friends.
A bit of history
Time Out is an English media created in 1968 in London, providing information on London culture. The concept was developed for other cities, such as New York City, in 1995.
At first, it was a free newspaper, distributed in some stores. There’s now an electronic version with a website.
Since 2014, they have created markets in Lisbona, Miami, Boston, and New York City since May 2019. They are planning to open other markets in Chicago, Montreal, Dubaï, London and Prague.
What kind of restaurants are there at Time Out Market New York?
You can find any kind of food!
– Fish Cheeks : Thai restaurant that prepares Lobster rolls, oysters, and local specialties.
– Bessou : Japanese restaurant for Bentos, sushis, and preparations such as soy beef briskets.
– Mr. Taka : Japanese restaurant which specialty is ramens and bowls. Their restaurant in New York has a Michelin star.
– Nur : Modern Israeli restaurant with dishes such as chicken couscous.
– Center Cut : steak house style restaurant, also prepares pastrami bagels.
– Pat Lafrieda Meat Purveyors : Pat Lafrieda is a Brooklyn butcher, preparing classic dishes as Cheesesteak, burgers, hot dogs…
– Alta Calidad : fusion restaurant of Latin and Indian food.
– Felice Pasta Bar : Italian restaurant.
– Breads Bagelry : only bagels here.
– Avocaderia : The main ingredient of this restaurant is avocado.
– Little Ada : restaurant with oriental specialties (Israel and Lebanon), with hummus, baba ganoush …
– Bklyn Wild : restaurant with “healthy” food like vegetables, fruits …
– Cookie Dö : pastry shop that proposes fresh (uncooked) cookie dough.
– Breads Bakery : bakery to find sweet breads, small snacks, cookies …
– Loco Coco : they prepare smoothies, acai bowl, blue latte, Drogonfruit …
– Ice & Vice : proposes ice cream with original flavors like the Koala with eucalyptus, black pepper, and chocolate cookie.
– Juliana’s : It is one of the most famous pizzerias in New York.
– Ivy Stark : restaurant with Mexican dishes like tacos, guacamole …
– David Burke : the original restaurant is located on the Upper East Side, they prepare salmon pastrami, bacon …
– Clinton St. Baking Company : a perfect place for breakfast. I already know their restaurant in the city, you can read my post about here.
– Jacob’s Pickles : Comfort food style with Nashville Hot Chicken, Mac & Cheese, Pickles …
Which restaurant do I recommend?
The truth is that I wanted to try everything but couldn’t!
I think next time I will go to Mr. Taka restaurant. I love Japanese food, and in New York, it has a Michelin star.
Alta Calidad also catches my attention.
What is the good plan of the Time out Market New York?
First of all, I like being able to eat anything at the same place. If you go on vacation to New York with your friends or family, everyone can eat whatever they want at the same table.
And what I like most is the terrace. It is on the 5th floor of the building, and from there, you can see the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges and the East River… with obviously the New York skyline in the background.
You don’t have to eat at the market to access the terrace. You can climb via the stairs or the elevator in the right corner of the building.
Where is the market?
In DUMBO, a newly renovated neighborhood of Brooklyn. It is part of the Empire Stores complex.
Address: 55 Water Street, Brooklyn.
Hours: from Sunday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The 5th floor opens from Sunday to Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Brooklyn Bridge Park and DUMBO are must-see places if you visit New York. If you are hungry or just a craving anything to eat, Time Out Market New York might be a delicious option. If you prefer a more traditional restaurant, you can go to Atrium DUMBO nearby.