New York is always changing, and I always try to find new places. UrbanSpace Vanderbilt Market is one of those.
In fact, there are several UrbanSpace in Midtown. They are a combination of food courts and markets, like the one you can find in Grand Central Terminal for example.
UrbanSpace Vanderbilt Market, a food court in Midtown
├ What’s the concept of UrbanSpace Vanderbilt market?
├ What kind of food do they serve?
├ Why is UrbanSpace one of my travel tips to visit NYC?
├ Where is it?
What’s the concept of UrbanSpace Vanderbilt Market?
This food court opened in 2015 with 20 vendors. For instance, there are coffee shops, bakeries, bars, restaurants.
You just order at one of the counters, and then find a table where to sit and eat your food.
What kind of food do they serve?
You’ll have a large choice of specialties:
– Red Hook Lobster Pound: for Lobster Rolls enthusiasts – www.redhooklobster.com
– The Gumbo Bros: Louisiana in your plate with po boys and classic cajun – www.thegumbobros.com
– Black Iron Burger: One of the best burgers in New York City! – www.blackironburger.com
– Farmstand perfect if you’re craving for a salad – www.farmstandnyc.com
– Mayhem & Stout: sandwiches, rice dishes, salads – www.mayhemandstoutnyc.com
– La Palapa: spice up your lunch with tacos, burritos, enchilada… – www.lapalapa.com
Asian Food, mainly with
– Hai Street Kitchen & co: sushi-burritos fusion – www.haistreetkitchen.com
– Kuro-Obi: if you fancy noodles and ramens – www.ippudony.com
– Liqueteria: they have everything from juices, smoothies, ice creams, yogurts… – www.liquiteria.com
– Takumi Taco: a Japanese inspired Mexican food – www.takumitaco.com
– Good Stock: the soup specialist – www.goodstocksoups.com
– Roberta’s (read my post about it): discover the delicious pizzas from Bushwick (Brooklyn) – www.robertaspizza.com
– Two Tablespoons: a vegetarian restaurant – www.twotbsp.com
Coffee and pastries
– Ovenly: have cookies, brownies, scones… if you have a sweet tooth – www.oven.ly
– Dough (read my post): in my opinion, the best donuts of New York – www.doughdoughnuts.com
Why is UrbanSpace one of my travel tips to visit NYC?
Some of these restaurants are established outside Manhattan, that is the case of Roberta’s. Thanks to UrbanSpace, you’ll have all of them in one place.
If you’re travelling with other people, everyone can have exactly what they want. So you can eat at the same table, eat what you like the most and finally pay for your own food (without the struggle of “How should we split the bill?”) 😀
Where is it?
There are four UrbanSpace in Midtown. The one I’m describing in this post near Grand Central Terminal, one in Times Square, Midtown East (soon) and North of Midtown.
– UrbanSpace Vanderbilt Market: East 45th Street & Vanderbilt Avenue
– Times Square Market: Broadway (42nd – 47th)
– UrbanSpace Six and a Half: 152 W 52nd St New York, NY 10019
– UrbanSpace 570 Lex: Lexington Avenue & 51st Street