Going to New York for a week? Then, I advise you to plan and organize yourself wisely. You don’t have to follow the itineraries step by step, but this will come in handy in case you forget something and allow you to discover three museums and five neighborhoods.
On top of it, I’m not only suggesting one plan but four different ones: A “Cultural” plan, a “Street” plan, an “Enjoy” plan, and a “Never Tired” plan.
So you’ll be able to choose whichever one you like, whether if you’re the “Enjoy” type, “Street,” “Cultural” or just like me, “Never Tired” type. Depending on what you want to see of New York City and your passions…
Foremost, just like anywhere on my blog, the proposed itineraries are only suggestions from my part. You are welcome to change and customize these plans as you wish.
My 4 plan options
– The good tips to visit New York in one week “CULTURAL” edition:
This plan is for those who can’t imagine going to New York without visiting at least four big museums such as the MET, the MoMA, the Museum of Natural History, and the Guggenheim.
– The good tips to visit New York in one week “STREET” edition:
This plan is dedicated to those who are not museum fans but want to discover the streets of New York, its architecture, and New Yorkers in their daily lives.
– The good tips to visit New York in one week “ENJOY” edition:
This plan is for those who want to optimize their stay to the fullest with one thing in mind, “pleasure,” whether it’s with a helicopter or bus tour to spare you time walking. The options are limitless: enjoy a dinner cruise on a yacht or a photoshoot in Central Park and give yourself more time for shopping!!!!
– The good tips to visit New York in one week “NEVER TIRED” edition:
This plan is dedicated to people just like me!!! My friends happen to call me the “Makina” (aka the machine) because I gave them the impression of never getting tired and always wanting to see more. And yes, in 3 days, if you’re motivated just like me, you can combine the CULTURAL, STREET, and ENJOY editions!!!!
This plan is for those who, just like me, don’t want to miss anything during their New York trip. People think that resting while traveling is a waste of time, especially when visiting a city like New York. Of course, you’ll have plenty of time to rest at night; meanwhile, your schedule will be full to experience NEW YORK to the FULLEST. And if you’re motivated, you could do the CULTURAL, STREET, and ENJOY editions all at once!!!!
Why 4 different itineraries?
Because each of us have different desires, passions and tastes.
This way, each can choose the type of plan they belong to, and of course, you’ll be able to personalize these plans as you wish!
What are the times, places and great tips you can’t miss under any circumstances?
Personally, a week plan must incorporate at least a few activities in order to grasp and get to know New York, the beautiful:
– A visit at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
– A visit at the Empire State Building
– A visit at the Top of the Rock: to discover New York and Manhattan from above.
– A stroll in Central Park on a Sunday to see New Yorkers come to exercise, do sports and have fun in the heart of NY.
– A stop on Broadway in Soho for shopping: because it’s the place where all the cool, hip and affordable stores are. For shoes and sneakers shopping you’ll find brands like (just to name a few) Converse, Nike and for clothing American Eagle, Hollister, Levi’s. Ladies, if you’re looking for lingerie you must go to Victoria Secret and sports fans can rejoice with stores like Adidas, Puma, Quicksilver, Roxy..
– A walk in Times Square: the place where New York’s craziness is the most obvious. Lights everywhere, stores, people and tourists… You’ll have to see it to believe it.
– A stop at Union Square: the place to meet the locals and while you’re there, why not visit the organic farmer’s market.
– Go to a NBA game to see the New York Knicks in action. Basketball is the American sport of choice. The show is indeed part of the game and around the court, but the magic appears when the New York Knicks play at the mythical Madison Square Garden which has hosted major events. Besides, it’s the only high-level sport along with ice hockey being played in New York in the heart of Manhattan.
– A Broadway show because it’s always magical!!!
– A crossing of the Brooklyn Bridge and a stroll on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade to discover Manhattan from a different angle.
– A Gospel mass in Harlem to meet the locals and share unforgettable moments in a mass that is completely different from any other mass.
– Walks in the neighborhoods of Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Soho, Midtown..
– The Financial district neighborhood with Wall Street, Ground Zero, the September 11 Memorial, City Hall and the Century 21 department store.
What are the times, places and great tips you could choose for your week long trip to New York?
– The museums: the MOMA, the MET, the American Museum of Natural History, the Museum of the City of New York, Madame Tussauds, a visit of the top of the Statue of Liberty, the United Nations, Ellis Island, NBC Studios…
– The attractions: The Top of the Rock, the Empire State Building, a helicopter tour, a diner cruise on a yacht, Sex and the City Hot Spots Tours New York, the New York TV & Movie Sites Tour, the Tour, a photo shoot in Central Park, Circle Line Sightseeing…
– The neighborhoods and various spots: Meatpacking District, the High Line, Little Italy, Chinatown, East Village, Grand Central, St Patrick’s Cathedral, the Chrysler Building, the Flatiron Building, Washington Square, Radio City…
According to the weather, what are the places, times and great tips you would like during your week long trip to New York?
– In winter time: Ice skating on ice rinks in the City of New York.
Here are the four itineraries to visit the best of New York in 1 week
As you can see, I have made each weekly plan starting from Saturday to Saturday, mostly because that’s when most things happen. Now, if you’re traveling from Tuesday to Tuesday, you’ll have to adjust your planning. Whatever happens, the Gospel mass and Central Park must fall on a Sunday. Otherwise, you can do everything else any day.
Week PLAN to visit New York “CULTURAL” edition
To avoid wasting time and add stress during your stay, I advise you to book most of the things you’ve seen on the “Cultural” planning, one week ahead on good tips in New York
Book your New York City Pass here
Book your New York Pass here
Book a NBA game here
Book a Broadway show here
Week PLAN to visit New York “STREET” edition:4>
To avoid wasting time and add stress during your stay, I advise you to book most of the things you’ve seen on the “Street” planning, one week ahead on useful tips in New York:
Book your New York City Pass here
Book a helicopter tour here
Book a NBA game here
Book a Broadway show here
Week PLAN to visit New York “ENJOY” edition:
To avoid wasting time and add stress during your stay, I advise that you book most of the things you’ve seen on the “Enjoy” planning, one week ahead on useful tips in New York:
Watch a NBA game here
Book a Broadway Show here
Book the Top of the Rock here
Book a Dinner Cruise on a yacht here
Book the Sex and City Hot Spots Tour New York here
Book the New York TV & Movie Sites Tour here
Book the Gossip Girl Tour New York here
Book the Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises here
Week PLAN to visit New York “NEVER TIRED” edition:
To avoid wasting time and add stress during your stay, I advise you to book most of the things you’ve seen on the “Never Tired” planning, one week ahead on good tips in New York:
My own plan !
Finally, I’m giving you a 5th plan used when friends and family come to visit me in New York. It’s a bit personalized plan with the things I love to do in the NYC even after many years living in the city, it just never gets old.
Pour faciliter l'impression de cet article, nous en avons masqué les photos et divers autres éléments les plus coûteux en encre. Pour le consulter dans son intégralité, rendez-vous sur : https://www.new-york-city-travel-tips.com/?p=380
Si vous souhaitez réutiliser tout ou partie de cet article, merci de bien vouloir mentionner l'adresse internet suivante : https://www.new-york-city-travel-tips.com/week-planning-visit-new-york-4-different-types-plan/