The bet of visiting New York in 3 days is something doable, even if you won’t be able to see and visit everything.
I’m not only suggesting one plan for three days but four different plans. But, to spend three days in New York, you’ll have to think strategically and make choices!!!
Therefore, you’ll have to choose what type of plan works for you the best.
Visiting New York in 3 days means
– Intensive walking: have some good walking shoes
– Cut the chase: prepare your planning ahead so you won’t be forgetting something
– No time wasted waiting in line and commute: book online ahead of your trip (taxi shuttle, NY City Pass, helicopter tour..). Don’t miss the section Before you go to NY on my blog 😉
My ideas for an itinerary to visit New York City in 3 days
After careful consideration, I prepared 4 types of itineraries:
– “CULTURE” edition:
This plan is for those who can’t imagine going to New York without visiting at least 2 to 4 big museums such as: the MET, the MOMA, the Museum of Natural History and the Guggenheim.
– “STREET” edition:
This planning is dedicated to those who are not museum fans, but want to discover the streets of New York and its skyscraper.
– “ENJOY” edition:
This planning is for those who want to really enjoy their stay to the fullest with one thing in mind “pleasure” whether it’s with a helicopter tour, a bus tour to spare you time walking, therefore giving you more time for shopping!!!!
– “NEVER TIRED” edition:
This planning is dedicated to those just like me!!! I must admit, my friends happen to call me the “Makina” (aka the machine) because I gave them the impression of being never tired and always want to see more and more 🙂 :). And yes, in 3 days, if you’re really motivated just like me, you can combine the CULTURAL, STREET and ENJOY editions!!!! 😀 😀
Why 4 different plans?
Because each of us have different desires, passions and tastes.
This way, each can see in which type of planning they belong, and of course, you’ll be able to customize these plans as you wish 😉
What are the times, places, and great tips you can’t miss under any circumstances?
Personally, all three days plans or even a week must incorporate at least a few activities to grasp and get to know the beautiful city of New York:
– A visit at the One World Observatory, the Empire State Building, the Edge or at the Top of the Rock to discover New York and Manhattan from above.
– A stroll in Central Park.
– A Shopping stop on Broadway in Soho, because for me it’s the place where all the trendiest shops are. You will find sneakers stores like Converse, for instance, and clothing with brands including Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, Levi’s, American Eagle, American Apparel.
– A walk-in Times Square: the place where New York’s craziness is the most obvious. Lights everywhere, stores, people and tourists… You’ll have to see it to believe it!
– Union Square: the place to meet some locals!!
– Go to a NBA games to see the New York Knicks or a Broadway show: whatever suits you better.
Here are 4 itineraries in an attempt to visit the most of New York City in 3 days:
Book all your activities
Now that you have chosen your plan, don’t waste time and book ahead:
– a Pass to visit New York City: New York CityPASS, Go New York Pass, New York Pass…